Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Sunday, November 7, 2010
Posted by Dorothy at 5:35 PM
Tuesday, November 2, 2010
I'm usually a pretty healthy eater. Some of my in-laws may laugh at this statement, because I do have a sweet tooth. But generally, I try to pick fruits and veggies over bacon cheeseburgers and hot dogs.
This time of the year, though, it gets hard. I eat low-fat, minimally sweetened yogurt with frozen blueberries and it makes me so cold I want some hot chocolate to wash it down. Last year I ate a lot of pot roasts and roasted chicken, and while those are awesome, I'm looking for some healthier ideas. Anyone got any ideas for warm healthy food? It'd be great to have both quick little meals and recipes. I aim to eat one fruit, one vegetable, and one protein at every meal, so anything that helps with that goal will be cherished forever.
In case you're curious, here are some thing I've been eating:
- Baked sweet potatoes (although regular baked potatoes are awesome and I still eat them)
- Red peppers at breakfast
- A healthy version of cole slaw to go with soups
- Lots of homemade soups - lentil, tomato, African peanut...yeah, kinda sick of soup.
- Frozen veggies sautéed with some grana padano
- Boiled eggs (trying not to think of that one office episode...)
- Roasted acorn squash
- Whole-wheat pasta with a quick homemade tomato sauce and fancy Kraft parmesan in the green shakey can.
I also have big plans to make these crust-less quiche/frittata thingies and freeze them.
Posted by Dorothy at 12:00 PM