Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Chron's Disease

I have Chron's disease. It's a chronic illness but rarely fatal, except in really old people. I am going to try to explain what it's like to have Chron's disease.

Usually, it's like this:
I really wish I had a picture of me jumping in the air and looking all happy, but this will do. Usually, I forget that I have Chron's disease and I lead a very normal life.

But sometimes, it just hurts. It's a pain that feels like popcorn is popping in my stomach. Sometimes it's not too bad, other times it kills and I can't do anything. Sometimes it lasts for ten seconds, sometimes for a few hours (not much longer because if it lasts for a few hours I usually take a pretty heavy-duty drug [steroids] to kill the pain).

Once, things went really wrong, and this happened:



Just kidding, that's my brother-in-law getting into his wife's stuff. This is what happened:



and this:



I look like death, I know. I feel so much better now. For the most part, better than I did before the surgery. But the scary thing about Chron's disease is that it doesn't go away. But, all I can do is to take care of myself and hope for the best.

1 comments:

Annie and Berkeley January 23, 2008 at 12:41 PM  

Girl, I love your blog! You need to link ours to yours! Ours is annieandberkeley.blogspot.com