Thursday, April 9, 2009

I need some advice

So I watched this clip about a while back:



I thought it was hilarious, albeit awkward, and so I did something I never do: I e-mailed Sam the Cooking Guy. My e-mail stated:

Just saw you on that show with Kathy Lee. You are my favorite chef ever.
- Dorothy


A few days later, he e-mailed back! He said:

I get a lot of emails, but your brief and to the point one is now one of my favorites.
thanks for taking the time to write.

by the way, I'm back on the Today show tomorrow.

--
Sam
www.thecookingguy.com


I thought it was so cool! I shared it with Nathaniel, who also thought it pretty cool. I mean, Sam the cooking guy is no Britney Spears, but who wants an e-mail from Britney Spears anyway? I watched the next clip where Sam apologizes to Kathy Lee and Hooda, laughed, and didn't think about it anymore...

Until I got this e-mail:

I came across this old email from you while looking for something else - but it still is cool, I had to write and thank you.
so thank you.

--
Sam
www.thecookingguy.com


I at first wondered if it was creepy, but I decided no, it's not creepy. It's just nice. But how do I be nice back? Just say thank you? Does he want a pen-pal? Should I say, hey, I'm an eight-month pregnant law student at BYU who enjoys cooking as a hobby? Tell me about yourself? Kinda awkward cause he has a wikipedia entry. Maybe I could tell him I'm preparing to be a mother and need some advice on making baby food? Or I could just not respond.

What do you think?

3 comments:

gurrbonzo April 9, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Haha! That is awesome. I bet it just went in his "favorites" folder and he looks at the stuff in there once in a while. I say, don't respond, just feel the glow of a pseudo-celeb email.

Annie and Berkeley April 10, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

Awesome! Totally pen pal the guy! How funny that he wrote you again. I can see why you might wonder if he's a bit creepy. Pen pal him and find out! lol.

Nathaniel April 16, 2009 at 11:21 AM  

I think you should just get a wikipedia entry for yourself.