Sunday, August 2, 2009

Three Months


Today Summer’s cries woke me up during a REM cycle. After I begrudgingly got myself ready for church, Summer woke up just in time for me to get her ready and fed in time for church. Right after she opened her eyes and began doing her big stretch, I hurriedly started changing her diaper. Summer promptly peed a river all over me and her changing pad. I quickly cleaned her pad, finished changing her diaper, and clothed her in my favorite dress of hers. I was done feeding her just in time to get to church. The calm of our congregation before sacrament meeting was a huge contrast with my hurried feelings. As I was savoring those peaceful feelings during Sacrament, Summer, who was on my lap, started tooting. Loudly. I got a little worried when it looked like she was squeezing something out, but I didn’t smell anything or hear a squirt. So I continued to attempt to hold her and keep my thoughts on the Sacrament. When I maneuvered her so she could look at Nathaniel, I saw a bright mustard yellow spot on my black skirt. I pointed it out to Nathaniel, which also drew the attention of the guy passing us the Sacrament. He looked disgusted. He probably doesn’t have kids. As I was waiting for Sacrament to end so I could rush home to change her, Summer, who never spits up, opened her mouth to allow that awful white substance to fall down her face and dress and onto her car seat. I went home, changed her diaper and dress, washed the poo off my skirt, and went back to church, only to have Summer fuss so much that I couldn’t stay near enough to the chapel doors to hear the testimonies. Soon she just started screaming. I took her back to our apartment, popped her in her swing, and binked her. She fell asleep immediately, and, of course, she looked like an angel. I just couldn’t be annoyed with her. I realized then that she is three months old today.

It truly has been an amazing three months. She is really a joy to have around and makes us laugh so much every day. Here are a few milestones she has reached recently:

Cooing consistently

Laughing every once in awhile

Squealing

Grabbing stuff and trying to put it in her mouth

Rolling over a couple of times

“Looking both ways”

Grabbing feet if they’re close to her

She’s always wiggling around. She’s not happy if she’s not moving or someone’s not moving her.

Gosh, I love her.


2 comments:

Amy August 3, 2009 at 5:51 AM  

I've gotta see all these new things she can do. We should hang out this week before Paul & I have to pack up and move. I've heard good things about the Lindon pool if Summer has a swimsuit...

Kami August 3, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

Being a mother is by far the best thing in the whole world! Summer is so cute! Wish I could see ya guys! Keep writing your blog. I love reading it! :)