Monday, June 28, 2010

Slightly Disappointed

Ever since Summer was teeny tiny, I have desperately wanted to know what she was thinking.  So I did everything I could to encourage her to talk as soon as possible.  I read to her all the time.  I talked to her even when she was a blob and she had no idea that my voice was in any way distinguishable from the sound of a vacuum cleaner.  I took Omega 3 supplements.

And  I got lucky.  Summer talks.  All the time.  And do you want to know what's going on in the head of this little girl?

"Button.  Light.  Flower.  Button.  Hi.  Ouch.  No.  Eyes.  Ice.  Clock.  Dot.  Button.  Bug.  Ball.  Ball.  Ball.  Pool.  Dog.  Kitty kitty.  Trees.  Shoes.  Daddy.  Dance.  Block.  Button.  Light.  Yes.  Ball.  Dog.  Danny (the Schaerr's son).  Eat.  Apa.  Baby.  Down.  Up.  Button.  Toes.  Poo.  Bye.  Out.  Dot.  Book.  Door.  Moon.  Dirt.  Hat.  Hair.  Earring.  Nose. Button..."

Repeat.

Repeat.

Repeat.

I don't know what I was expecting.  Maybe, "Mommy, I love you.  You are so good at doing what you do and I really appreciate it."  Or "A couple of years ago, I was living with Our Father in Heaven and He said..." Or even, "Mama."

But random nouns and prepositions are cool, too.

3 comments:

Amy June 28, 2010 at 8:07 PM  

"even when she was a blob" - oh freak Dorothy, you are so hilarious I can't hardly stand it.

Haley and Mitch June 29, 2010 at 1:51 PM  

Hey, at least she can say words. My son is a cave-man! All he says is UGH! UGH! I have a feeling he may communicate that way for a while.