Sunday, March 23, 2008

Blue Bunny freaking rocks

Have you ever complained about a product before? I never had before a few weeks ago. My dad and mom are so anti complaining. But when I opened my blue bunny heath ice cream bar, I was pretty disappointed. The bar was basically devoid of toffee bits. Everyone (i.e., Rachel Williams), said I should write the company and complain, so I did. A week later, I received a letter in the mail:

Dear Ms. Ward,

Thank you for your Internet message concerning a recent purchase of the BLUE BUNNY Heath Ice Cream Bar, which you described as not containing many toffee bits in the chocolate.

Wow, they actually read my complaint.

I would like to reassure you that Wells' Dairy, Inc. is a responsible food manufacturer and we enforce strict quality control procedures so we can offer premium quality products to our customers.

Good thing they told me that. I was beginning to think Wells' Dairy was an irresponsible food manufacturer.

However, your description suggests that this particular bar may have been at the beginning of the production line run and the ingredient feeder was not fully operational, or may have jammed up, thus preventing the appropriate amount of ingredients from being added to the chocolate.

Ah ha, I see!

Therefore, we will discuss this incident at our weekly supervisors meeting and with the individual production personnel to reinforce the importance of monitoring this manufacturing step and maintaining our high quality standards.

You're going to discuss the toffee bit problem at the weekly supervisor's meeting AND with the individual production personnel? Are you going to line them up and wave my complaint in front of them and yell about the importance of toffee?

Ms. Ward, we appreciate you informing us of this incident so a recurrence can be prevented...I have enclosed a coupon, redeemable for a BLUE BUNNY product, to reimburse you for your purchase of this product, and any inconvenience that this may have caused you.

Good, cause those missing toffee bits were a big inconvenience!

Sincerely,

And then "Jackie" actually signed her name.

While I definitely didn't take the incident as seriously as Jackie took it(and likely her fellow supervisors and those poor individual production personnel), my husband and I did appreciate the free ice cream. Blue Bunny is pretty cool.

4 comments:

Dorothy March 23, 2008 at 11:22 PM  

While my wife isn't much of a cusser (aside from words which she does not think count as cuss words), she apparently wanted to use some stronger words in this article to get her point across. Anyway, I suppose I don't really mind, but you should know her mouth is actually quite clean.

Dorothy March 23, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

I changed it. I felt bad.

Annie and Berkeley March 26, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

Wow, that is a hilarious story! Way to go Blue Bunny! I am going to send complaints all the time in order to get free ice cream.

gurrbonzo April 2, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

THAT IS AWESOME!

It just goes to show, always complain.