Sunday, February 28, 2010

I left our camera in California

A few thoughts:


A while back, I took a logic class from this awesome hippie teacher: Chris Foster. He said that he was so annoyed when Americans acted as though the world owed us gold medals. He pointed out that in small countries, people dance on the streets when they win a medal. The United States already has enough going for it. We don't need to win the most gold medals. So I'm glad Canada won tonight's hockey match. It was their Olympics and their turn to shine.

I kind of hate Russia. I love their ballet, but the Kremlin scares me. I'm sad the Olympics is going to be there next time. I hope the US kicks their trash.

Summer now has four teeth, all of which have come in in the past two weeks. And to celebrate, Summer decided she needs to grind them together. Just the thought of that noise gives me the heebie jeebies, or however you spell that. If anyone has any tips on how to prevent babies from grinding their teeth together, pretty please let me know. (The internet basically says not to worry, it probably won't hurt her teeth. But I worry not for her teeth, but for myself and my sanity.)

People have been requesting pictures with Summer's teeth. I really don't think Summer is just going to smile and show the world her teeth when I take a picture, but when we get our camera back, I'll try.

When I was at Ikea a few days ago, I noticed that the rocking horse that Summer was playing with was not, in fact, a horse, but instead a moose. An employee walked by and I almost asked him, "So, you guys have a lot of Moose in Sweden?" Am I alone in thinking that all the employees of Ikea are Swedish?

What is the plural of moose? Moose? Mooses? Moosen?

2 comments:

Lexi March 1, 2010 at 12:58 PM  

I hate the teeth grinding thing too. Eventually Parker just stopped doing it...