Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ten Months

I'm pretty sure we have the cutest ten-month old ever. And that is a purely objective opinion, I assure you. I would take a picture to prove it, but our camera is somewhere not here. But, really, a camera isn't necessary because it's not just Summer's looks that make her so irresistible. It's not just her sweet brown eyes, her dimples, or her four new teeth. It's not just her generous mane of hair (that's hopefully not red or Nathaniel will freak out) or the way her body looks so teeny-tiny.


Summer is the cutest ten-month old ever because, when she's in a room full of people who start clapping, she stops whatever she's doing and claps along with them. Because when we're in church and during a quiet moment, she lets out a good, long toot and then cracks up with everyone else. Because of her adorable "ba ba bee da, ma ma ba" noises she makes as she crawls around, usually carrying something in her fist like toy or a pair of earrings, or, in today's case, a hammer.

I love this girl so much. When I was younger, I always thought it amazing that of all the people in the world, I was me. It's even more amazing that Summer is her own little person, sent to us from heaven. I feel so lucky to have her and to get to really know her. And yay, she's ten months old.

P.S. We had another weight check. She gained 4 oz in the past month. Not so good. So we're going back in a week to check her weight again. In the meantime, we're working extra hard to fatten her up. I made roast chicken for dinner tonight and Nathaniel and I gave Summer (among other foods) bits of bread smeared with butter and then slathered in chicken juices. She loved it.

3 comments:

Paul W. Nash March 2, 2010 at 9:28 PM  

Your camera is on the way! It should get to you this Thursday. I'm emailing you the tracking number.

Julie March 4, 2010 at 9:30 AM  

I couldn't find your email anywhere so I had to reply this way! A buttercup bag would be $15 for the cost of the bag and shipping. Thanks for asking! If you want to order one, contact me at hoolianna55@hotmail.com

Andrew and Brianna March 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM  

Just moose! And I love that you wanted to ask them if they had a lot in Sweden...cracked me up!

Oh, and I hope Summer stops grinding her teeth, because it would drive me crazy too.