Saturday, June 25, 2011

Summerisms

Right now, Summer is supposed to be asleep. But she's not. She's in our bedroom, in her pack and play, sort of crying, sort of shouting, sort of playing with her stuffed animals. "No thank you, Mommy," she just cried out. "I'm a busy little girl." I have no idea.


Today on our road trip we saw a helicopter land in a field close by. After we hit the road again, Summer said, "Mommy, pleeeeease can I fly a helicopter? A little red one? And a BIG purple one? Please?" I think she was very satisfied by our little pretend helicopter ride.

Summer has given me many names: Mommy, Mommy Dorothy, Dorothy Allison Ward, etc. But I think my favorite is Mister Mommy. 

And in case you didn't hear on Facebook, Summer's likes to talk about "the mischievous little Jefferson Memorial." This one really confuses me.

But maybe my favorite thing that Summer has been saying lately is that I'm her best friend. I love to hear that. 

3 comments:

Haley and Mitch June 26, 2011 at 3:26 PM  

I think my favorite is the Mister Mommy. Very cute.

Annie and Berkeley June 28, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

I always ask Asa is I'm his best friend. His quick response in always "No, Daddy is." Oh well, that makes me happy too. I can't wait for you guys to get back so we can hang out again. Asa talks about Summer all the time.

Unknown August 11, 2011 at 9:32 PM  

Oh, this was a great post! It made me laugh so much and I can't wait until Jessica says fun things like that!