Friday, August 9, 2013

I'm Thirty, Yo!

I turned thirty last Wednesday. It was a good day.



I love to bake, but few recipes and equipment are made for baking for one, or two if Nathaniel happens to be in the mood for something sweet. So my birthday was a nice excuse to bake a cake I've been wanting to make for some time. It was really yummy.



Do you like my cake stand hack? I learned it from Lauren Conrad. No joke.




Okay, enough about the cake. Let's talk about me. :) I am really excited to be thirty. I have read articles about how twenty-somethings are super insecure, and I am looking forward to a more secure decade. I have read articles about how the twenties are the time time to experiment with fashion, and I'm looking forward to being unapologetically boring in my sartorial choices. I know it's arbitrary, but I feel like I have another decade to look forward to. I look forward to more interesting experiences, more reasons to smile, more love, more laughs, more life.


More of this guy too.

Happy belated birthday to me. 

1 comments:

Hillary August 13, 2013 at 8:08 PM  

Happy Belated B-Day! I like your outlook on the next decade. I wanna be that way too. Thanks for sharing. P.S. The cake looks delicious.