Friday, June 5, 2009

A Miracle

I know you guys aren't going to believe this, but the most amazing thing happened last night. Not once did I check on Summer to make sure that she was still breathing, or that her swaddle blanket hadn't crawled up and covered her nose, or that someone had kidnapped her. That's right. When I woke up to her pterodactyl squeak, I listened to her grunt herself back to sleep and I just stayed in my bed and went to sleep. AND SHE'S STILL ALIVE! That's right. Here, as proof, is a picture of Summer, STILL BREATHING AND AT HOME, taken the next morning:



I am so grateful for a healthy baby and a good night's sleep.

4 comments:

Lexi June 5, 2009 at 10:01 PM  

Wow she looks like you Dorothy! I was so paranoid about the whole breathing thing too. I finally caved and bought a special monitor that sounds an alarm if it doesn't detect movement (i.e. breathing). Its really sensitive so if it doesn't feel movement for like 20 seconds or something (you can set the sensitivity), it will beep at you. Best investment ever - it has given me many a good night's sleep.

Summer is adorable.

Amy June 7, 2009 at 4:42 PM  

I swear I don't know you you sleep-deprived moms do what you do.

Annie and Berkeley June 11, 2009 at 5:51 PM  

Way to go Dorothy!! She is getting chubby cheeks and I love it!! I need to come see her!

ma tanner,  July 27, 2009 at 10:19 PM  

Dorthy - I love your baby's name! She's a cutie too. I think she looks like you! How fun! Congrats on the beautiful daughter! Sheree