Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Summer and S'mores



Before I served for a year and a half in Romania, I loved the fall and winter seasons. I loved the feeling of being bundled up and cozy, protected against the elements. That was until I spent way too much time outside in those elements and being cozy was not an option. My body craved warmth, and I think that it still does.


Now, summer is my favorite month [update: summer is actually a season]. (That' s not why my daughter is named Summer, though. Nathaniel suggested the name, and I have a great friend named Summer. That's why.) I love the hot days and cool nights, the carefree spirit that pervades Provo, the flip flops and shorts, the beaches and swimming pools, and especially the campfires. I'm not sure if it's technically summer yet, but we enjoyed our first campfire of the season last weekend and even if it's not really summer it definitely feels like it.


Amy and Paul, our cool law school buddies, invited us to Vivian Park for some brats and smores. It's a good thing, too, because otherwise, I don't know when I'd get out of this house besides going to Wal-Mart and the gym. I'm lame, I know. So thanks, Paul and Amy.


Summer and me:



Paul and Amy, who turned out to be quite the little pyro. Paul, on the other hand was rather chill.


See?



Nathaniel was taking the pictures so we didn't get a shot of him. He did, luckily, get this awesome picture of what we ate.



And by the way, blogger is still lame.

3 comments:

Amy June 2, 2009 at 7:25 PM  

Oh NO, its true!! I AM kind of a pyro. Really its just that I can't sit still. Ever. We had such a great time with you guys and it was so fun meeting Summer. Great photos Nathaniel!

Lexi June 2, 2009 at 9:49 PM  

Dorothy - you are gorgeous. It should be a crime to look that good this soon after having a baby. I'm sure the law for it is somewhere in your law books...

Tess June 3, 2009 at 9:05 AM  

Summertime is the greatest! There was still sunlight at 9 pm last night! And Vivian Park is so fun--that is one great benefit of Provo is that it's so close to the mountains.