Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Early Morning

Right now it's 6:31 in the morning. It's dark outside and I'm trying to distract myself from Summer's wails. She's been making cute, tempting noises for about fifteen minutes. I am trying to stick to the latest baby sleep book I read, so I'm not going to go get her for another twenty-six minutes. It's hard.

Nathaniel is already gone for the day. We are a lot alike, but in some ways we are polar opposites. You would never have caught me at school that early, unless I'd spent the night. For Nathaniel, leaving before the sun rises is the norm.

So I sit here, awake, left with just my thoughts. They always go to Summer. Every day I think that I want to go back to the time before she was born. I want to nap and shop and earn money freely. And every day, as soon as those thoughts start forming in my mind, Summer coaxes me back into reality with her giggle, her smiles, her dimples, her latest skill, her coos. She does it with her angelic face when she's sleeping and her fascination with everything from the light switch to Nathaniel's nose. She reminds me how much I love my life with the way her eyes look when she looks up and every time she insists on lying on her tummy in the bathtub.

So thanks, Summer. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  October 20, 2009 at 10:44 AM  

Hey, my friend said that Zumba is a latine dance based cardio work out class. She taught it for a while, and she said it is kind of like jazzersize but latin dance instead of jazz. She said it a person can do it longer than running because they are having fun and not thinking about hour tired they are. If you like to dance, you will probably like it. Let me know if you want any more information. - Tyler Lake

Kami October 20, 2009 at 6:45 PM  

Being a mom is so wonderful! Now that I am a mother I can't imagine life without my son! Children are so great and bring so much love and joy! Sometimes being a mom is hard, but it's so worth it! Now that I am a mother I have a small understanding of how much Heavenly Father loves us! :) keep smiling!