Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Externship and Six Month Stats

Nathaniel is amazing. I'm sorry, I know e-bragging is kind of gross, but he is. He is an incredibly hard worker and has a knack for legal reasoning. He impressed his legal writing teacher so much that her glowing recommendation got him a slot as a clerk for a judge here:



at the US Court of Federal Claims in Washington D.C. The court hears claims against the governent arising under the US Constitution, federal statutes, etc. It's an Article I court for my friends who took federal courts. Nathaniel won't get paid, but gets six hours of school credit, which is awesome because then he can take fewer credits later on.

Ugh, have you ever tried to write a blog post after you ate half a stick of butter? It's a lot harder than it sounds. I was just experimenting and made apple butter crisp and it's very hard for me to be moderate when it comes to butter.

Summer had her six month appointment yesterday. She is in the fiftieth percentiles for weight and head circumference and the tenth percentile for height. I just looked it up and I'm in the twentieth percentile for height, so I don't have high hopes for Summer.

4 comments:

Alan November 4, 2009 at 1:54 PM  

Congratulations on the Externship!

And I put 2 sticks of butter in a pumpkin cake last night that is 3/4 of the way gone today...I don't do math, but yeah, go butter!

camjackieward November 4, 2009 at 2:27 PM  

When it comes to Ward genes, there's not much hope for height.

Amy November 4, 2009 at 7:39 PM  

Man that is going to be SO much fun spending the summer in D.C. If there is any way we can swing it with work, I want to come visit. Its been too long since I have been there.

Tamara November 5, 2009 at 7:30 AM  

It's too bad we can't be in DC at the same time but the marathon Don's running is in March...it's also our 10th anniversary trip. Yeah...we've almost made it that far!