Monday, November 2, 2009

Six Months

Today, Summer is half a year old.

Summer was a very beautiful newborn. Six months ago, when I saw bigger babies, I didn't think they were nearly as beautiful and little and fragile as our brand new Summer. I wanted to cherish the moments when she was like that because I knew they wouldn't last long.

They didn't, and thank goodness. I didn't know then that newborns suck. After the first week, they just scream and poop. They can't even hold their heads up or smile or look at you. I didn't realize at the time how hard things were. I think I liked it, but why I liked it I don't know. How I ever got through those first months is a mystery.

Actually, I lied. Nathaniel got me through those first months.

Six months, however, is amazing. Summer has been smiling all the time lately. She creeps/army crawls to get to her toys, her favorite being daddy's old laptop. She doesn't laugh all the time, but when she does it's the best thing in the world. She has moved from just eating stuff to eating it, then giving it a few shakes, then eating it again. She gets so excited about just about anything. It's so fun taking care of her.

And the best thing is that I think she likes me back. It's just pure joy. That's all. This is mushy. I'm sorry.

Oh, and she's helping me figure out how to hang pictures.


Hey, Summer!



What's your favorite frame?



That one? Mine, too.


And, Nathaniel got an internship (unpaid) in Washington DC. Cool, huh?

4 comments:

Courtney November 2, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

i was just telling my husband at church yesterday that i think summer is SUCH a cute baby. :)

Haley and Mitch November 3, 2009 at 8:44 AM  

Summer really is such a beautiful girl. Six months is a great age! And congrats, Nathaniel - DC will be an adventure!

Lexi November 3, 2009 at 9:47 AM  

I agree about the newborn stage - it kinda sucks. I like it when they are a little older and more interactive. Some people love the newborn stage though. To them I say, "Here, take and raise my newborn until he is about 6 months old, then I'll take him back."

Just kidding. There are some sweet things about newborns.

So Nathaniel got an internship in DC? Congratulations! More details in the next post, please!

Kami November 3, 2009 at 4:20 PM  

I have to disagree! I think newborns are so precious, but then again I think all children are. I love the newborn stage and I love the toddler stage and though my son is only two as a teacher I love the 7 and 8 year olds! kids are GREAT! Being a mother truly is bliss! It's the greatest calling in the WHOLE WIDE WORLD! Summer is a doll! So cute! :)