Saturday, October 9, 2010

Nathaniel's Weekly Update -- Installment 2 (last one was a year ago)

This was supposed to be the coolest week ever, and it ended up being super poopy.  Let me tell you about it.  


I didn't have any classes this week.  Sweet, right?  Yeah, should have been sweet.  Last Sunday night Dorothy and I, in our "weekly" planning session (that happens more like once every four months), decided that I would spend the whole day at school Monday through Thursday.  This would give me plenty of time to get caught up in my classes and maybe give me a fighting chance to pass my finals.  Friday, Saturday, and Sunday were all going to be spent chilling with some of our favorite friends in California.  Seems like a great plan, doesn't it?  Work really hard for the first half of the week, play really hard for the second half.

Well, Monday I spent pretending to be a research assistant by trying to do some research (I figured that was a pretty good way to pretend).  I figured I had about 10 hours worth of work to get done and that I could be finished with it by the end of Monday.  Well, plot spoiler, it's 8 pm on Saturday night and I'm still sitting in the law library trying to divine a better method for pretending to be a research assistant.  So, what happened in between?

Dorothy got strep throat on Tuesday.  Yeah, I thought only little kids got that.  Turns out (according to the doctor), kids Summer's age almost never get it but adults are fair game.  Unfortunately, Summer, while protected from the awful hell Dorothy has been going through, got something that is apparently not strep throat but that causes a fever, coughing, runny nose, ear infection and tonsil swelling.  So, I spent the bulk of Tuesday through Thursday taking care of my girls.  When I wasn't doing that, I pretended to be a research assistant again.  

We cancelled our would-have-been-awesome trip to California.  Instead, I spent all of Friday in the library playing pretend.  Friday night, Dorothy and I went and watched the Social Network, which I 100%ly recommend.  And today (Saturday), I've been alone with my self in the library.  Over the last couple of hours I've noticed this nagging pain in my throat.  Can't wait to get diagnosed on Monday.  Oh, and not only have I not got caught up on my classes, I haven't done any of the reading for Monday.  

4 comments:

Annie and Berkeley October 10, 2010 at 1:43 PM  

Ugh, it seems like you guys are always sick with something! That does make for a rough week! Sorry about that. We were thinking about coming to visit you guys today, but you've helped me make my mind to stay right here for now. Hope you guys get feeling better soon.

Kami October 10, 2010 at 3:02 PM  

So sorry to hear you guy's have been sick! Arggh!

Anonymous,  October 13, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

what a bummer.

So hoping you are not sick

YFAC from Hawaii

Amy October 17, 2010 at 7:06 AM  

You used the word "poopy" in this post. I think that is hilarious. But it was a TOTAL bummer that you guys couldn't come visit and that the sickness was going around.