Sunday, October 17, 2010

Off

Summer read her first word today.  She was sitting on a chair playing with a CD case for Microsoft Home and Office saying "off...off...off...on off, on off."  Dorothy got really excited when she realized that Summer was was pointing at the word "office" while she was saying this.  I wasn't sure if this was for real, so I got out the "Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed" book (apparently this is where she learned to read the word "off" in the first place) and made Summer point to "off."  She did it!  So, little Summer can read "off."

We reenacted part of the event for you:

5 comments:

Paul W. Nash October 17, 2010 at 4:13 PM  

Summer is a genius!! And really cute too.

Todd October 17, 2010 at 4:22 PM  

Dorothy, you have a little mini me. She is SO SO cute! And smart like her mom and dad. I can't wait to meet her some day. We will talk politics and be best friends.
your friend,
crystal

Anonymous,  October 18, 2010 at 6:47 AM  

What a brilliant child! Loved watching her on video.

Cynthia

Tess October 18, 2010 at 8:15 AM  

I'm glad you captured this on video! It's so great!!! She is truly adorable and I love her bangs.